July 26, 2010

July 25

Yesterday presented me with the chance to participate in another Japanese church service. Even though the entire thing is in Japanese, I found a lot of similarities between the Japanese and my own church (mainly because we had an amazing translator behind us). The Christians here are unbelievable, and they are so strong in their faith. The church is their family, and their new home. Some of the church members are the only Christians in their family, and continue to stay strong in the face of adversity. I need to learn from them!
We sang songs for Sunday School, did a drime, and just listened in. Then we sat through the church, and played a couple songs, and Alyssa shared her testimony. After that was a lunch at church, where my team sat with the college students, and we had a blast getting to know them. Then there was a beautiful nap time that followed. Finally we ended with a BBQ, where we got to talk to many people about everything. The food was amazing (just ask Alyssa, I think she basically ate an entire cow), and the people were amazing.
Today we start the kids program. We are very excited, and a little nervous. Or, at least I am. It's been a long time here already, and I'm really starting to miss everyone at home. But God called me here, and I don't think he is even close to done with me. Pray for me, because I know my life will change drastically after this experience!
God bless you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment