So, I haven't written for the past few days, but I can sum up two of the three days in one sentence, so I really didn't want to do a separate blog on them.
July 28 - Took the bullet train back to EBS from Yokohama, followed by intense team time.
July 29 - Went to Umeda, got lost, and went back to EBS.
Today was a tad more interesting however, so I'll start with that now. We headed out to Sojiji church, to be involved in a kids program, and then have supper with the youth (youth in Japan means 20 years old). The kids program went surprisingly well, and when we played our games with them, they actually understood. They may not all have sung, but I saw many trying too, and that was a huge encouragement. One little boy caught two secadas (spelling unknown), which are MASSIVE bugs, that make the most annoying sound in the world. We smashed a watermelon, and did our drime, and then they headed out. We sat in the church playing Dutch Blitz with the people who were there, and had a blast. The supper with youth started at 5, so at 4:55pm we packed up Dutch Blitz and waited for the youth. 5:10pm rolled around, and we asked where the youth were. Turns out, it was actually the people we were just playing Dutch Blitz with. So we had supper, had fellowship, and enjoyed each others company. They took cream puffs and filled one with wasabi (a very spicy, horrid green mush) and then everyone picked one, and the loser had to eat the wasabi ball. I was, of course, the loser. I almost hurled, and did not feel good the rest of the night at all. So I've now made the decision to say no to things I do not want to eat, because I've almost thrown up eating the wasabi ball, and the squid sushi. Obviously, not my favourite things. I still think the squid is trying to crawl back up my throat!!
BUT, if you can't tell, I'm loving Japan, just not all the food. That's for your help in getting me there, I'm meeting many amazing people, finding myself in God, and learning what it means to be a missionary. God bless all of you!! Time for me to sleep!
No comments:
Post a Comment