Who knew kids could be so crazy? Oh...wait...I already knew that...
Today was day one of two for the kids program here in Yokohama. The kids were excited to be here, but it is so hard to communicate with them, because we both have no idea what the other is saying. So trying to explain games, and sing songs, is quite hard. We have a translator, but it takes away so much from the actual game and song, because it takes forever to just explain a word. But they all seemed to have a blast. We did a bible story with them, and while some kids were insane, others were just sitting there entranced. Whether by the story, or the tall white people in front, I'll never know. We made a couple crafts with the kids, where they finally calmed down. Then we played a couple more games, and said our good byes.
Or, we tried. Four boys stayed behind, and attacked Kyle and I to no end. It was a blast, but I was drenched in sweat like never before afterwards. We were playing dodgeball with them, throwing them around, and found out they are tough little kids. Like, you can drop them on their head and they'll just get up and keep going. I don't know if it's because they have been taught that pain is a weakness. It is such a different culture here, I'm just not quite sure what they are thinking all the time. But from my English eyes, they appeared to have a lot of fun, as they just kept attacking us. You think North American kids are light, come over here and pick these kids up. I can hold a ten year old upside down by their leg with one hand, and not even break a sweat. Now, doing twenty kids like that does indeed break a sweat.
All in all, it was a very good day. Why am I reporting so early? Well, there is nothing else today. We are having supper, and then I'm going to take a nice long nap. God bless you all!!
No comments:
Post a Comment