July 17, 2010

July 17

Last night at my host families place! Let me update you on the events of today.
The day started early, but just with a team time, and preparations. Rebecca and I decided to take the bike I am borrowing to the market to buy some apples for the broccoli salad that Heather was making for the potluck...that will all be mentioned later. Anyways, we did not find the market, had a very interesting experience with the bike parking booth, and learnt that driving with two people on a bike really sucks!!
The afternoon had us participate in two English classes, and I'm pleased to say that for beginners, they spoke English very well. I had a pleasant time talking to all of the Japanese that came. Then a nice nap after the class.
The evening was by far the most exciting part. We had an English Party Potluck. The Japanese that came (20-30 people) were all part of Doris English class, at different time slots. I got to talk with a lot of the people there, and it was really fun trying to understand each other. We played a game, then one of the ladies showed us a traditional Japanese dance. This was quite amazing, as she was wearing a Kimono and everything. Then my team led a worship song. Keep in mind, only about 5 of these people were actually Christian. But once they learnt the words, the sound was incredible. I can feel God doing big things in this city.
I got back to my host family, where they attempted to feed me, and then prayed with me, and shared some bible verses with me before I went to bed. FYI, my host family is entirely Christian. The same cannot be said for other host families, as Alyssa and Rebecca have a Buddhist shrine in their room. I'm very grateful, and I hope God blesses these people in abundance.
I need to hit the hay, all of you have an amazing day. Trust me, it will be amazing, I already finished it =)

No comments:

Post a Comment